The Westerville Uptown Merchants Association Presents Midnight Madness 2016
A long-time Uptown tradition, the Westerville Uptown Merchants Association presents Midnight Madness on October 28, 2016 from 6 p.m. to Midnight.
Midnight Madness is an annual showcase event for the Uptown Westerville merchants. With decorated shops, treats, surprises, and scary good deals, it’s a fun opportunity to visit Uptown Westerville. This is the night for visitors to check out their favorite haunts and dare to venture where they’ve never been before!
Along with extended shop hours, Midnight Madness features a selection of kid and family-friendly events. While costumes are optional, merchants hope to see kids and grown ups dressed in their seasonal best. The Uptown Merchants will be passing out treats for the kids.
Here are just a few of the events that will be happening in Uptown that evening:
- The Generations Performing Arts Center will have student dance performances on West College Ave.
- Madness guests can take a free horse-drawn wagon trip through Uptown Westerville
- If you are not daring you can pick up food to go from the Westerville Rotary and Lions clubs and everyone’s favorite “Kettle Korn”
- The Otterbein University American Chemical Society Student Affiliate will be conducting “Mad Science Experiments”. Rotary Park
- Family Costume Contest – City Hall
- Java Central will present a “Haunted Brickwalk” experience along their storefronts.
- Amish Originals presents Westerville Central Theatre Department Harry and Oz together at last. 6-10pm
- Westerville Automotive presents Midnight Madness Movie Night – 6pm – Midnight
Where: 31 East Main Street
6:45pm- Pixar Mater and the Ghost Light- Pixar Short- 8 Minutes Run-time
7:00pm- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown- 25 minutes Run-time
7:40pm- Ghostbusters(1984)- 1hr 45min Run-time
9:45pm- Christine(1983)- 2 hour Run-time
- Live music will be presented around town in restaurants, wine stores and businesses.
- Individual stores participate in a window decorating and store decorating contest that make the Uptown festive and fun.
- Sounds Educational Center 6-8pm Park area between city hall and Jimmy V’s.
- Uptown on Main, haunted garden
- Zen Kids – Fun table for kids by wagon ride
- Westerville Community Choir – 7:30pm – 8:00pm – In front of Generations
#Midnight Madness is an Uptown Westerville tradition spanning more then 25 years and offers fun for all ages.
The Uptown Westerville Merchant’s Blog
The Westerville South High School boys basketball team earned a return trip to the Division I state final with an 87-78 win over Garfield Heights in a semifinal March 18 at Ohio State.read more
An Otterbein student pauses after class on Friday to photograph a white magnolia tree with her phone behind Towers Hall.read more
Brothers pretend they are a car with each kid displaying one of the antique Ohio license plates their mother bought at Pure Roots in Uptown Westerville.read more
Although the weather has been to warm for snow and ice, this weekend certainly loos like it is a perfect time to bring out the annual presentation of ice sculptures in Uptown Westerville.read more
Good Day Cleveland recently visited Uptown Westerville and featured ten businesses in its broadcast for Nov. 30.
The top video is the entire 45 minute broadcast.
Below that are videos that point to each segment in the show.read more
There’s never enough time to make sure you get all the information you need about Midnight Madness in Uptown. Always on the Fourth Friday in October and the last Fourth Friday celebration of the year, this years Midnight Madness adds more space with the closing of East College where there will be food vendors and easier access to events planned at merchants and businesses along that section of the street.read more
A painter finishes trim work on the interior of what will become Westerville Jewelers in the storefront next to the entrance to 8 State Bistro.read more
A long-time Uptown tradition, the Westerville Uptown Merchants Association presents Midnight Madness on October 23, 2015 from 6 p.m. to Midnight.
Midnight Madness is an annual showcase event for the Uptown Westerville merchants. With decorated shops, treats, surprises, and scary good deals, it’s a fun opportunity to visit Uptown Westerville. This is the night for visitors to check out their favorite haunts and dare to venture where they’ve never been before!read more
The changes known as bumpouts are intended to add width to the sidewalks at the intersection so pedestrians will have a shorter path across State Street making the crossing more safe and create a traffic calming effect for vehicles making turns and approaching the intersection.
The main attraction on the annual metro-wide tour is his Disneyland model railroad featuring the monorail, Cinderella’s Castle, Tomorrowland, and a cast of Disney characters.
It was a very windy afternoon in Uptown Westerville and we have a photo gallery to prove it.
Early moments in city council’s first meeting after a break honored two “Westerville Champions,” swore in three fire fighters and a new fire marshal, and presented a certificate of appreciation to the city police department.