The Uptown Westerville Merchant’s Blog
Tapestry Of A Town offers thanks to everyone who, despite the weather, helped make the 2014 Tapestry Of A Town tour so much fun. It was a delight to be able to visit historic homes, storefronts, and public places to add to the rich cultural heritage of Uptown Westerville.
A hot rod fan photographs one of the vintage cars on display in the parking lot of Wrench ‘n’ Roll during the auto repair company’s grand opening party.
Even among the crowded streets and sidewalks of Uptown Westerville on a Fourth Friday there is always time for a little levity and shared selfie as seen in this brief moment on College Ave.
Three varieties of string beans and a red new potato mark the first weeks of an overflow of fresh vegetables and fruits at the Uptown Westerville Farmers Market. The major truck crops are repining for farmers and the market abundance is a great experience for hungry shoppers looking for local foods.
A concrete work crew removes forms used to build the new long jump track at the stadium at Otterbein University in Westerville. Both the football field and track receive upgrades with new surfaces in time for fall sports.
There’ll be great fun for young and old as the streets of Uptown celebrate the arts on the last weekend before school starts. That’s Saturday, August 9 from 3 until 9 in Uptown Westerville.
Get ready to celebrate Rock the ‘Ville!
- Music – The soul of the event! – Rock, country, jazz and blues will fill the streets of Uptown. Two major stages and in-house venues will provide entertainment not to missed!
- Dance - Local dance groups will share their students’ amazing “feets”! Come and be dazzled by artistic performances!
- Chalk ART -10 Professional artists will showcase their amazing talents as they compete for money prizes. Kids young and old are invited to purchase a square and take chalk to create art. (Chalk will be provided.) Cost to participate is $5 per square.
- Youth Art Activities – Kids are invited to participate in creative activities that include storytelling, an interactive bubble world area, learning unusual chalk art painting techniques, and helping create a public installation made out of re-purposed VHS tapes with a local Westerville artist.
- Fashion is art! – See live models stroll the streets wearing vintage and current fashions available for purchase right in Uptown Westerville
The Uptown Gift Card is a debit card sponsored by the Uptown Westerville Merchants Association to make shopping at its members easier for you and your family, friends, and business associates.
With no fixed amount you can buy a card with just a few dollars or put as much as you want in any denomination. You can tailor your budget and fiscal needs and still provide a unique shopping experience to the person receiving your gift.
Every Friday in Uptown Westerville
This summer every Friday night Uptown will be like nothing you’ve ever experienced before.
Stores stay open until 8 p.m. on Friday Nights in Uptown Westerville!