The Westerville Uptown Merchants Association Midnight Madness 2015 – Updates
Midnight Madness is an annual showcase event for the Uptown Westerville merchants. With decorated shops, treats, surprises, and scary good deals, it’s a fun opportunity to visit Uptown Westerville. This is the night for visitors to check out their favorite haunts and dare to venture where they’ve never been before!
Along with extended shop hours, Midnight Madness features a selection of kid and family-friendly events. While costumes are optional, merchants hope to see kids and grown ups dressed in their seasonal best. The Uptown Merchants will be passing out treats for the kids.
Plan your evening
Day: Friday, Oct. 23, 2015
Time: 6 p.m. until Midnight
Location: Uptown Westerville
Parking: City Hall parking lot, Church of the Messiah, and all public spaces in Uptown.
Added to Midnight Madness
There’s never enough time to make sure you get all the information you need about Midnight Madness in Uptown. Always on the Fourth Friday in October and the last Fourth Friday celebration of the year, this years Midnight Madness adds more space with the closing of East College where there will be food vendors and easier access to events planned at merchants and businesses along that section of the street.
- Stop by ERA Realtors with Kurt McCurdy for a great sampling of treats. That means candy.
- “Strut Your Stuff Kids Cat Walk” on the steps of City Hall where kids can see themselves on large-screen video monitors.
- LuLu’s Sweet Shop on West College will be making felt and fabric jack-o-lanterns for kids.
- Come play games with ZenKidz! Kids of all ages will enjoy playing various games while waiting their turn for a ride in a horse drawn carriage. We’ll be outside on the corner of State and Home Streets so dress warmly and in your Halloween costumes!
2 Chicks and a Cookie is teaming up with Java Central and A Twist on Olives again this year to bring you “The Spooky Brickwalk Shops”. If you don’t believe in ghosts, you might after this! We will have candy and non-candy treats for those with food allergies.
- Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn is not yet ready to open for business but will open its doors so you can get a sneak peek of what it will have to offer. And, they will be handing out orange colored popcorn balls and black popcorn balls (black cherry flavored). They will also have popcorn samples for the adults! The flavors will be: Caramel to Die for and Buckeye.
- Atattooed is dressed in its finest macabre fashions for the celebration.
- Look for the Chalk Artist and add your artistic inspiration to a mural in Uptown.
- Visit Rotary Park on Home Street where the Wagon Rides begin and end. Sponsored by Suite 59 Hair Design, Morgan’s Treasure, Naturally Curious Kids, Buckeye Brewcraft, and Edwin Loy Home.
- East College will be closed to traffic for the Rotary Club concessions, Lion Club Pulled Pork, Uptown Hair Design’s Picture Spot, and a few new surprises.
- St. Matthew’s Episcopal Parish / Pray. Think. Love. House – 23 E. College AvenuePlace of Remembrance – Gazebo – We will create a place where people can remember those who have died. All are encouraged to stop by the Gazebo, write love ones’ names on strips of fabric and hang them in the Gazebo. The fabric pieces will be taken down on November 1, and will be part of a special All Saints’ Day service that day.Global Village Collection – Parlor of Pray.Think.Love. House – The Global Village Collection (http://thegvc.org/ ) is a Fair Trade, non-profit, volunteer-supported store featuring handcrafted items from around the globe and that promotes economic welfare, human dignity, education and local human needs. A range of items from the GVC will be available for purchase at the Pray.Think.Love. House.
- Boo for Books at Wes Kroeniger Photography at State and College. trade a book for a portrait of your goblin. Books go to the Westerville Partnership for Education. A $10 cash donation to WPE gets you a photo of your child in costume, for every gently used children’s book donated you will receive a $1 credit. 10 books and your photo is FREE!
- The Generations Performing Arts Center will have student dance performances on West College Ave. 5:30 – 7:30
- There will be a live music in the City Hall courtyard. 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Madness guests can take a free horse-drawn wagon trip through Uptown Westerville.
The wagon is sponsored by Naturally Curious Kids, Cinda Lou Shop, Buckeye Brewcraft, and Edwin Loy Home.
- Twisted Taste of Westerville with several choices for dinner, drinks, and desserts at Uptown Westerville restaurants. 7 – 10pm
- If you are not daring you can pick up food to go from the Westerville Noon Rotary and Lions clubs and everyone’s favorite “Kettle Korn”
- The Otterbein University American Chemical Society Student Affiliate will be conducting “Mad Science Experiments”.
- On the steps of City Hall a “Pet Costume Contest” will begin at 6pm $10 entrance fee with proceeds going to “RESCUEDOhio”. Sponsored by Sunny Street Café and Captivating Canines.
- Children can “Strut their stuff” on the Halloween “Cat Walk” in front of City Hall. Weather permitting big tv’s will project their images for all to see.
- Java Central, 2 Chicks and a Cookie and A Twist on Olives will present a “The Haunted Hollow” experience along their storefronts on the brick walk.
- Amish Originals will have stories presented by the Westerville Library. 7-9pm
- Halloween Chalk Mural. Guided by professional artist O’Linda, families will create a Halloween themed mural.
- Live music will be presented around town in restaurants, wine stores, and businesses.
- Individual stores participate in a window decorating and store decorating contest that make Uptown Westerville festive and fun.
#MidnightMadnessUptown is an Uptown Westerville tradition spanning more then 25 years and offers fun for all ages.